Dia & Co is a leading retail experience for women, sizes 10-32. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us. Our business meets a profound need and we’re on a mission to fundamentally transform the way women who wear sizes 10-32 experience apparel commerce.
About The Role
Dia & Co is looking for an HR Generalist and Safety Manager for our Distribution Center located in Greenwood. The HR Generalist and Safety Manager will wear many hats! You will manage and coordinate all functions of employee relations, including employment, compensation and benefit services, training and development, safety management & training, security, and workers’ compensation for compliance with federal and state regulations for our Distribution Center team. You will be hands-on implementing programs to help grow and develop our teams in our Distribution Center. You will also provide some HR support to our remote Dia & Co teams. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture!
What You’ll Do
- Lead Dia&Co Distribution Center employees through people issues and people programs including compensation, talent development, performance management and benefit assistance
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Manage and constantly improve onboarding and offboarding processes for new hires including offer letters, payroll, benefits, 401k, exit interviews
- Poll electronic time cards for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with the bi-weekly payroll
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Prepare and submit all reports required by local, state and federal agencies.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Complies and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
Who You Are
- You've done this before—you have 3+ years of experience working as a People Operations Specialist, HR Generalist, or similar role
- You have safety and health management experience and working knowledge of OSHA compliance and training requirements
- You have a strong tactical HR foundation combined with the vision and experience to grow a company culture aligned with strong values.
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills
- You are detail-oriented and have a resourceful mindset
- You thrive in a fast paced, priority shifting organization
- You have thorough knowledge of employment law, and federal and state regulations governing HR.
- You have sound judgment and the ability to use discretion in handling sensitive HR issues, along with skill in providing objective, neutral, and strategic HR services.
- You have the ability to work effectively both independently and on a small, collaborative HR team.
- You have an understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Google Suite, email, Internet.
- Bonus fluent in Hakha Chin
Who We Are
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed startup co-founded by two women
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to developing our own collections from the ground up
- have styled countless amazing women across the country—they are at the core of all that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, generous vacation policy and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
As an equal opportunity employer, Dia & Co does not discriminate against any applicant or any employee regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Military status. We thrive on the diversity that is inherent in the richness of the plus size community we serve. We endeavor to guide our customers through a life well-lived. With this culture comes an inclusive work environment that mirrors that diversity. At Dia, we show off our quirks, embrace talent with different life experiences and educational backgrounds, and never settle for anything less than excellence.