Dia & Co is a leading retail experience for women, sizes 10-32. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us. Our business meets a profound need and we’re on a mission to fundamentally transform the way women experience apparel commerce.
About The Role
Our Product Design Team is expanding and we’re looking to add a new Lead Product Designer to our small, highly effective team. As a Lead Product Designer, you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, UX researchers, stakeholders, and other designers to bring our evolving digital user experience to life. You will create functional, intuitive and beautiful user experiences. You have a strong eye and aesthetic sensibility, but are keen to inform design decisions through customer feedback, quantitative insights, and evolving best practices. You love design systems and want to build scalable approaches that facilitate rapid prototyping and use case concepting. You will work closely with other designers and the creative team on interpreting and developing the Dia & Co brand digitally. You strike a balance between solving for user needs, pushing for an elegant solution, and driving meaningful impact for the business.
What you’ll do:
- Help design new features and updates across the entire digital product experience.
- Translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs based on in-depth research and testing.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other designers to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions and launch new features.
- Advocate for the user.
- Mentor other designers.
- Lead the evolution of our internal design systems.
- Proactively solicit feedback from fellow creatives and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Dia.com.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years professional experience with end-to-end digital product design (research, wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups and/or high fidelity prototypes).
- A portfolio showcasing your ability to solve design problems.
- A strong understanding of interaction design concepts.
- The ability to clearly communicate and document your design decisions.
- An excellent sense of typography, layout, and general design principles.
- Strong systems thinking, information architecture, and visual design skills.
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Someone who is meticulous, but able to iterate quickly.
- Someone who is comfortable defining success metrics and making data-driven design decisions.
- Familiarity with Figma and Validately/UserZoomGo or similar design and usability testing tools
- A self-starter attitude; an ambitious person that seeks new challenges.
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed startup co-founded by two women
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to developing our own collections from the ground up
- have styled countless amazing women across the country—they are at the core of all that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
As an equal opportunity employer, Dia & Co does not discriminate against any applicant or any employee regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Military status. We thrive on the diversity that is inherent in the richness of the plus size community we serve. We endeavor to guide our customers through a life well-lived. With this culture comes an inclusive work environment that mirrors that diversity. At Dia, we show off our quirks, embrace talent with different life experiences and educational backgrounds, and never settle for anything less than excellence.