Dia & Co is a leading retail experience for women, sizes 14 and up. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us. Our business meets a profound need and we’re on a mission to fundamentally transform the way women experience apparel commerce.
About The Role
Our Finance Team is seeking an individual to lead Dia & Co’s accounting function. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, this person will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the company’s financials and directing the day-to-day accounting operations of the company. This role will also work closely with Strategic Finance, as well as various teams throughout the rest of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee month-end close processes including journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis and financial statement preparation to ensure accounting are timely and accurately reported in accordance with US GAAP.
- Closely monitor cash flows and measure performance against budgeted cash flows.
- Maintain and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Work closely with the VP of Finance and other department leaders to improve and grow coordination between reporting and FP&A function.
- Provide technical accounting leadership and guidance on significant and complex accounting matters.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and establish company procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including A/P and A/R.
- Manage merchant factor, insurance, real estate, and commercial banking relationships.
- Lead annual audit by external accounting firm.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Potential to manage and oversee other major aspects of operations, namely real estate, transportation, packaging and fulfillment
Who You Are
- You have 7+ years of progressive experience in an Accounting Role.
- You have a mix of Big 4 and industry (ecommerce/DTC) experience preferred.
- You are a CPA.
- You have a strong knowledge of all aspects of US GAAP.
- You have the ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive financial or other information.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, success working cross functionally, and the ability to present financial information in a way that others can easily understand.
- You have strong proficiency using cloud-based ERP systems, Microsoft Excel, Looker, and G-Suite.
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed startup co-founded by two women
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to developing our own collections from the ground up
- have styled countless amazing women across the country—they are at the core of all that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
As an equal opportunity employer, Dia & Co does not discriminate against any applicant or any employee regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Military status. We thrive on the diversity that is inherent in the richness of the plus size community we serve. We endeavor to guide our customers through a life well-lived. With this culture comes an inclusive work environment that mirrors that diversity. At Dia, we show off our quirks, embrace talent with different life experiences and educational backgrounds, and never settle for anything less than excellence.