Dia&Co is a leading retail experience for women, sizes 14 and up. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us. Our business meets a profound need and we’re on a mission to fundamentally transform the way women experience apparel commerce.
About The Role
Dia’s Photo Studio Manager is instrumental in ensuring that all of Dia merchandise is photographed and featured throughout our site and marketing with as much impact as possible. The Photo Studio Manager is responsible for project managing all product photography, campaign and location photoshoots from bookings, production, asset management and sample coordination. You will be in constant coordination with merchandising and ecomm marketing teams for asset creation and handoff. You will oversee and assist the merchandise teams on all sample tracking to ensure all the merchandise is delivered to the studio, organized and ready to be photographed. This position is also responsible for cross-functional alignment and communication, file management, equipment maintenance, and studio upkeep.
The Photo Studio Manager will have a keen eye for creative and a love of bringing great creative to life. He/She can think critically about ways to enhance our current photography standards and processes. Guide the execution of our brand standards and drive progress in elevating our brand. The Photo Studio Manager will report to the Art Director and collaborate with the creative team to ensure deadlines are met on a consistent basis.
This position is based full-time in our photo studio in Brooklyn.
- Project manage on-model and lay flat photoshoots: bookings, studio, equipment, troubleshooting for photo teams on-set
- Partner with merchandise teams on sample coordination, shot lists, asset needs and deadlines
- Receive, catalog, and prepare all samples for photo shoots
- Keep track of and organize sample inventory
- Attend weekly sample turn ins and work with creative and art directors to create photoshoot schedule.
- Collaborate with merchant teams on organizing the shot list in priority order (i.e. receipt date, units on order and merchandising story prioritization)
- Support Stylist to maximize the amount of shots captured on shoot days.
- Run fittings with tailor, models, and stylists.
- Send out weekly recaps to team with status of all styles photographed post photo shoots
- Labeling and storage of samples in studio
- Project manage requests for images, retouching and editing needs
- Manage outside retouchers: assist art directors with retouching notes and tracking images through to final upload
- Asset management, naming, organization, and backup
- Maintain brand style guides for all in-studio photography
- Photo equipment inventory and maintenance, managing photo studio supplies
- Tracking and submission of photo-related invoices with finance team
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and respond effectively to shifting priorities
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Effective, timely, and concise verbal and written communication
- Ability to act independently, adapt, and learn quickly
- Eagerness to stay abreast of eCommerce photography and video trends
- Demonstrated creative and conceptual thinking applied toward visual and photographic solutions
- 3-5 years of in-studio photography experience
- Fluent in Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom
- Familiarity with digital asset management systems and ecommerce platforms (preferred)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient with Canon and Capture One, or comparable systems
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle high volume studio workflow
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed startup co-founded by two women
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to developing our own collections from the ground up
- have styled countless amazing women across the country—they are at the core of all that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
As an equal opportunity employer, Dia&Co does not discriminate against any applicant or any employee regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Military status. We thrive on the diversity that is inherent in the richness of the plus size community we serve. We endeavor to guide our customers through a life well-lived. With this culture comes an inclusive work environment that mirrors that diversity. At Dia, we show off our quirks, embrace talent with different life experiences and educational backgrounds, and never settle for anything less than excellence.