Who are we?
We’re Dice and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Manager, Development - Data Engineering you'll lead and professionally develop a team of data engineers, cultivate processes and standards, and support the delivery of a data platform that impacts the entire company. Our stack is currently built with Stitch, Airflow, Redshift, dbt, and Tableau as well as a few AWS specific tools.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of the business, build positive relationships across departments, and partner with stakeholders to use data to drive the best decisions and outcomes
- Designing robust, scalable cloud-based data infrastructure and pipelines to automate the ingestion, processing, and delivery of all types of data: structured and unstructured, batch, and streaming data
- Managing a team of data engineers to develop new capabilities in the data platform that improve both the development speed and quality of data products
- Building and maintaining complex analytics data models in the data warehouse capable of scaling to billions of rows
- Training, mentoring, and evangelizing of enterprise data ecosystem, tools, and processes
- Understanding and implementing best practices in management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, and data quality metrics
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Top tier SQL skills - Should have excellent knowledge of tenants of SQL Performance tuning, best practices for SQL, aggregate and window functions, differences between major SQL dialects
- Familiar with Python for writing data extraction and integrations jobs
- Familiarity with cloud-based data engineering (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Exceptional ability to translate and communicate between business and technical domains
- Excellent communication skills individually and in groups, orally and in writing
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of collective experience in data engineering, data analysis, data warehousing, data integration or business intelligence
- 2+ years as a technical lead of a data engineering or business intelligence team
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience developing ETL or ELT pipelines
- Experience with Agile product development lifecycle from requirements gathering and documentation to delivery and ongoing support.
- Experience managing technical teams
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting, and containerized workloads using Docker
- Experience with AWS Big Data stack (Redshift, Glue, EMR, S3, Kinesis Firehose)
- Experience with the practice of analytics engineering utilizing tools like dbt
- Experience applying DevOps practices to data engineering, including automated testing, and deployment of database changes using a continuous integration pipeline.
Base salary/pay of $120,000 – $175,000 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.