Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialcareers and ClearanceJobs, all services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Events Manager you'll manage and execute Career Fairs (virtual and in-person) and candidate attendance at partner conferences. You'll onboard new Career Events clients, and interact with partners, employers, and occasionally candidates to ensure success of these events.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Virtual Events:
- Working with our virtual platform vendor,Brazen, to ensure setup and functionality for the virtual events
- Growing and maintaining knowledge of the virtual platform, new features, and potential enhancements for the future
- Working with clients to set up their virtual booths and other Brazen requirements prior to the event
- Giving demos to clients new to the platform or platform features
- In-Person Events (if applicable):
- Working with association partners on logistics such as room setup, furniture, food and beverage, layout, and event day operations for each career fair
- Traveling to career fairs to manage onsite logistics including setup, registration, traffic flow, employer support, and job seeker assistance
- Shipping necessary career fair materials to/from conferences
- Working with association partners on logistics such as booth setup, collateral, signage, promotional materials and other activities at conferences such as professional headshots and speaking opportunities (where available)
- Working closely with sales team to identify and partner with clients to provide CV Review services at some conferences (where available)
- Working with multiple departments to identify staff to attend conferences and represent the partner's career center. Provides information related to travel dates, hotel discounts through official partner housing site, etc.
- Coordinating with marketing to produce and provide relevant marketing materials including collateral, promotional materials, and signage (where necessary)
- All Events:
- Working closely with sales and marketing to create marketing materials required to support all career fairs. This includes (but not limited to) emails, web banners, website landing pages, lead forms, event directories, etc.
- Working closely with sales team to support employers participating in career fairs. This includes but is not limited to email confirmations, collection of event directory ads, logistics guidance, and general customer service
- Producing and maintains ongoing reports and analysis of career fairs to track employer and jobseeker attendance, employer feedback / ROI, jobseeker feedback, and other important trends
- Focusing on client and candidate growth and engagement prior to, during, and after the event, including but not limited to: third party support, post event surveys, third party marketing efforts, etc.
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong leadership skills
- Must be computer and Internet proficient
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, solve problems and bring ideas to the table
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to event locations and other DHI offices as needed
- Use good judgment, and present thoughts and recommendations to clients, team members and management in a positive and professional manner
- Possesses the ability to think and act quickly and responsibly, are essential
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting customers
- Event Management/Coordination experience required
Base salary/pay of $50,000 – $97,500 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.