Senior Backend Engineer - Remote, US-Timezone
Dharma is the Ethereum wallet that seamlessly works with your bank account — download an app and do anything in Decentralized Finance (DeFi) directly from your bank account in less than 10 minutes.
There are three core components to Dharma.
First, a non-custodial, smart contract wallet that gives users full control over their money, without having to worry about private key management or clunky web3 transaction submission.
Second, native fiat on- and off-ramps that enable users to deposit to Dharma directly from their bank account, at Coinbase-parity prices & volume. No paltry $500 weekly limits or gouging debit card surcharges.
Third, an open SDK called dharmaOS that allows developers (both internal and external) to deploy “adapters” that seamlessly connect any protocol on Ethereum to users’ bank accounts at high volumes.
All of the above is packaged into a beautiful, mobile-first experience that caters to beginners, pros, and everyone in between.
In short, Dharma marries the strengths of fiat-enabled exchanges and non-custodial Web3 wallets, giving users the best of both worlds.
We are a small, resourceful, team (7 people!), working remotely across all US time zones.
Who You’ll Be Working With
- Product people who design intuitive user experiences for powerful capabilities
- Full-stack engineers who create and maintain a beautiful, performant, mobile app
- Protocol engineers who build secure, upgradeable smart contract systems
- Eager to build systems that distribute DeFi and Web3 to billions of users
- Hardworking, driven, and competitive
- Deeply detail oriented and deliberate in your steps
- Passionate about the potential for DeFi and Web3
- Broad in your knowledge of the contemporary Web2 backend stack, and eager to build the innovations that bridge to Web3
- Excited to work with a small, intense, and high performing team
What We Look For In You:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience building robust, scalable back end systems
- Experience provisioning and deploying infrastructure to commonly used AWS services like Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, SQS, etc.
- Experience working in and scaling early codebases into reliable, mature systems
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment & culture
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience in one or more of the following: Payments, ACH infrastructure, fraud detection
- Experience or familiarity with web3
- Experience in DeFi, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, or distributed systems