DFINITY is seeking a thoughtful, resourceful, and dedicated individual to join the People Team in Zurich. This position will report directly to the Head of HR.
We want to serve the org with the personal touch and speed of a small company, while scaling out programs and benefits to properly attract, support and retain top talent to effectively scale. This position will at least initially align primarily with our Marketing, Communication & Growth function, which is currently growing rapidly. In addition to that the position could either be responsible for Learning & Development or Employee Relations (depending on their experience)
The People team has to be prepared for and mindful of current and future business needs. A successful Senior HRBP is able to combine business acumen and HR expertise to help design and implement people strategies that enable the business and preserve a great employee experience. You work in partnership with leaders advising and coaching them to grow teams that can consistently deliver their best work. You are adept at forming relationships and dedicated to aligning the business’ needs with our people strategy. We are proud of our growing team and are looking for a talented individual who shares our passion for what we are building and wants to help meet the demands of the business both today and in the future.
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate working knowledge of the business and take a consultative approach with internal clients by anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities (e.g. organizational development). Help drive decision making by collecting & presenting relevant data.
- Deeply understand the mission & goals of the function you are supporting and act as a sounding board for senior management to prepare the org accordingly
- Work closely with the Senior Team, managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Partner with managers on all employee lifecycle related questions (e.g. ER issues, performance management, Talent reviews, etc)
- Take a leadership role in building out our processes and tools around employee relations
- Advise on effective headcount/resource management and engage recruiting to ensure hiring is effectively managed
- Build out learning & development curriculum for managers & employees
- Minimum of 8+ years human resources or HRBP experience with progressive responsibility supporting diverse functional groups across several countries and a growing executive team
- Experience in Tech startups is a plus
- Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships
- Excellent consultative and conflict management skills - challenges the status quo
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, where you need to adapt to changing priorities in an effective manner
- Experience, exposure, and comfort with a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, and learning & development
- Deep learning & development or Employee relations experience is a plus
- Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes undefined environment
- Strong use of independent judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions
- Strong problem solving skills - demonstrated record in leading projects independently
- Working knowledge and application of Swiss employment law (other European jurisdictions are a plus)
- Strong team player and you take your job, not yourself too seriously
- Experience supporting a global workforce a plus; work permit for Zurich is a must
- University degree in a relevant field, such as HR, economics, psychology, law, computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent in English and German is a must
- We are a hybrid environment with minimum 3-days per week working in-office.
About DFINITY and the Internet Computer:
The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.