The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
Great engineers deserve world-class leadership. The Engineering team at DFINITY is growing quickly and is seeking a technically strong, innovative and experienced engineering leader.
You will be responsible for owning and driving delivery of major user-facing components of the Internet Computer ecosystem. To be successful in this role, you should be experienced in working closely with talented designers, UX, product, and engineers, and derive satisfaction from the growth and accomplishments of your team. You’ve shipped easy-to-use appealing software and you’re well versed in hiring and scaling organizations. Our system is complex and covers many aspects from cryptography and distributed systems to tokenomics. While you certainly aren’t expected to have mastery across all of these fields, you should be able to understand underlying technical concepts, making complex systems look simple and self-explanatory for the end-users.
- Manage multiple projects in the areas of governance and identity user experience (wallets, authentication systems, dashboard, DeFi)
- Ensure appealing user experience, code quality, and design integrity: live and breathe design, aesthetics, intuitive UX
- Manage key stakeholders (design, product, management) and create efficient delivery process: reconcile all inputs and synthesize a good solution
- Focus on continuous improvements and iteration
- Participate in setting future product strategy
- Attract and hire great engineers and UX experts
- Create a positive culture of cooperation, ownership, accountability, innovation, and delivery.
Your background & skills:
- Background in shipping widely-used user-facing software and services
- Knowledge and understanding of various design systems, frontend frameworks (we use Svelte, so being familiar with it is a plus), and processes for implementing user-facing software
- Successful track record as a manager delivering products or services
- 10+ years software industry experience
- Ability to learn quickly and excel in unchartered territory
- Security-oriented mindset
- An ability to code frontend applications. While we don’t expect this to be a daily responsibility, the ability to work closely with your team and contribute to and to evaluate their code-base is important
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the ICP ecosystem is a plus
- Deep technical understanding of one or more domains: distributed systems, crypto markets, DeFi, is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.