The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
We are looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join our growing finance team. You will have the unique opportunity to manage US accounting, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and execute on multiple international initiatives. You are a technical accountant expert and strive for operational excellence, standardized processes and the implementation of best practices.
- Manage month-end close. This will include preparing and reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, flux analysis, and international consolidation.
- Partner with the Token Finance Manager to develop and maintain proper token accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Perform operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Ensure compliance with tax laws.
- Work with external auditors and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare technical accounting memos in complex transactions.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Continually identify improvements to make the accounting function more efficient.
- Be a team player and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests in an exciting environment.
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Current CPA
- 5+ years experience
- Big 4 consulting experience with a minimum of 2 years in house at a technology startup
- Knowledge of consolidations and international accounting
- Experience in system implementation and integration
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic, continuously evolving environment.
- Able to work independently and across different cultures and time zones
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic and ability to be a business partner with various parts of a small, but very quickly growing organization
Base Salary Range: $120,000 - $185,000/yr
This position can be considered across multiple levels. Total compensation at DFINITY consists of base salary + bonus and is determined based on multiple factors including job leveling, areas of expertise, educational background, geographic location and overall experience.
In addition to the cash components of our offers, we have generous benefits including top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance; disability insurance; life insurance; 401(k); flexible PTO policy; and 13 paid holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.