The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
We need writers with exceptional writing ability and solid technical competence to provide an engaging developer experience.
Technical writers make Internet Computer developers more efficient and productive by writing, structuring, and maintaining high-quality technical content. DFINITY cares deeply about developer experience. With great documentation, engineers spend more time building value for users and less time searching for answers.
We know that incomplete and rushed documentation creates friction and slows things down, while efficient knowledge sharing is a force multiplier that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
Our goal is to empower developers and foster a culture of self-service with world-class documentation.
- Write documentation for the Internet Computer platform that includes tutorials, advanced guides, references
- Create guides for entrepreneurs on how to build a successful business on the Internet Computer platform
- Maintain content quality through curation and content performance analysis
- Define and help raise the quality bar with standards, guidelines, templates, and reporting.- Empower engineers, product managers, and global teams to create and maintain internal documentation and amplify their contributions
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable
- Create easy-to-navigate page structures so that developers can quickly skim the page and find what they need
- Push DFINITY and the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical content
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of experience writing great software documentation alongside engineers
- Is able to write exceptionally well - easy to understand, descriptive, with the necessary level of detail, while keeping the focus on the overall goal of the essay
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Is proficient with HTML, Markdown, Git, and command-line tools.
- Can write code and understand basic computer science concepts, given that the subject his highly technical
- Has a good background in technical writing best practices
- Has strong empathy for the user and ability to write documentation from the user's point of view
It's a plus if you have:
- 2+ years experience working on crypto and blockchain-related projects
- Experience working with Solidity, Rust, and blockchain development in general
- Experience creating documentation tools and publishing pipelines
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Code (or another common IDE like IntelliJ, vim, or Emacs)
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume.
- Technical writing examples (where 80%+ of content is written by you)
- Any additional materials (for example, a writing sample in a particular style, a cover letter including why you want to work in this role and your relevant experience)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.