The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
Do you have a deep knowledge of both frontend and backend engineering? Do you set high visual standards and have an obsessive attention to detail? Do you enjoy working across the whole stack, from visual design, user interaction design, frontend technologies, backend interface design, and backend implementation?
DFINITY is seeking an experienced full stack developer, so if you’ve found yourself nodding ‘yes’ to the questions above, this may be the job for you!
Full stack developers at DFINITY work on a broad array of problems including:
- Designing and implementing beautiful user interfaces that are easy to understand and navigate.
- Gathering and negotiating requirements with key stakeholders.
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into a beautiful and functional user experience.
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, researchers, product managers, and other stakeholders.
Some of the things that may be helpful preparation for a role at DFINITY include:
- Work experience as full stack developer or frontend/backend developer.
- A good understanding of modern frameworks such as React. Experience with Svelte is a plus!
- Experience with rapid prototyping and Agile software development.
- Experience shipping significant software systems as part of a medium to large organization.
- A good understanding of at least one system software language, such as C, C++, or Rust. On the backend, our developers work primarily in Rust (we will help you learn).
- Experience designing systems that run 24x7x365, and working in an organization that deploy and operate such systems.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field. The unique challenges at DFINITY have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.
What kind of full stack developers are we looking for?
- First, we seek a passion for building quality production systems software and tools. Research is an important component of what we do, however our first passion is for changing the world by shipping software.
- Second, we are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
- Finally, curiosity and open mindedness are critical. No one has built the Internet Computer before! The problems are challenging, and we need innovators to help solve them
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.