The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
Are you passionate about building web applications with novel technologies, want to explore what’s possible in the web3 space and care about good design? Then join our motivated team of engineers and researchers to bring our websites and online presence to the next level. We are a fast-moving startup that has grown to 200+ employees with offices in the Bay Area and Zurich.
- Make an impact on design across web properties including DFINITY.org, internetcomputer.org, digital publications, and other supporting sites.
- Integrate and enhance content generated by engineering teams, e.g. language documentation
- Prototype example dapps that show off concepts and capabilities unique to the IC and instruct the community on best practices
- Collaborate with our infrastructure team to establish CI/CD pipelines, staging servers, and integrations with content management systems
- You have expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and preferably TypeScript.
- You are experienced in working with React, preferably worked with Svelte and you have a track record for diving into new web frameworks and applying them professionally.
- Design for testability and applying security best practices is not an afterthought for you.
- You work closely with designers, iterating on design and implementation in short cycles and adapting to stakeholder feedback. You have a sense for good design/UIs/UX.
- You enjoy collaborating effectively with co-workers across multiple sites and time zones
- You shipped and maintained web solutions tailored to different devices, consumed by thousands of users.
- Special plus if you can move fast, learn fast, and are able to communicate to a crypto-native audience.
- Please provide a portfolio or links to any sites that you’re proud to have built!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.