The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
Are you passionate about leading and growing a team of top-notch software engineers and site reliability experts? Do you want to build and operate the infrastructure to quality, release and operate the world’s most advanced blockchain network? Building on your solid DevOps experience, we want you to reimagine DevOps practices for a decentralized world. You will collaborate with a motivated team that works on some of the most sophisticated, secure, and efficient distributed messaging protocols ever to be deployed. We’re a vibrant startup that has grown to 200+ employees with offices in the Bay Area and Zurich.
- Strategy and roadmap: develop and execute on a roadmap that continuously improves the efficiency and quality of how we get software changes from our development teams on to mainnet. That includes the tooling used by our engineers to build and test code, the infrastructure used to test changes, and the procedures and pipelines to roll out changes. Moreover, evolve our operational setup including monitoring of essential metrics, definition of alerts and the procedures to deal with incidents.
- Team building: you will be leading strong engineering managers with years of experience. Coach them to achieve their full potential with their teams and to collaborate seamlessly. Participate in the recruitment process to grow your teams.
- Delivery: Agree on timelines and commitments of your teams, based on your solid technical understanding. Track progress, adjust to changing priorities and help to resolve ambiguities.
- Setting quality standards: Build with your teams the tooling and processes that incentivize engineering teams to deliver well-tested quality software.
- 8+ years of management experience and have led a team of teams.
- Strong communicator, experienced in leading international and geographically distributed teams
- Shipped and operated large-scale distributed systems with thousands of customers/users
- Applied SRE best practices
- Monitored the system and responsible for troubleshooting
- Familiar with frameworks and best practices to build large-scale software systems
- Track record in establishing a culture of software quality
- Ability to reimagine DevOps in a decentralized setup
- Strong interest in web3 and crypto
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.