The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
New to decentralized? Don’t know blockchain or cryptography? That’s okay! We have some of the world’s foremost experts and they’re excited to share their knowledge. You bring your awesome skills and help us create something amazing.
As an engineer on the Integrations team, you’ll work on projects like:
- Design and implementation of systems for the next major computing platform (IC)
- Develop integrations between the IC and other major financial platforms, such as BitCoin and Ethereum. Integrate with Exchanges such as Coinbase and Binance
- Improve and maintain existing IC core systems like the ICP Ledger and Rosetta API
- Deliver quality code along with tests and good documentation
- Collaborate with our world-class Research team to ensure what you are building is provably secure and correct
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements
If a lot of these sound like you, you might be a good fit for our team:
- You have a degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge and experience building API, micro services or distributed systems
- Good written communication and cross-site collaboration skills
- Experience running 24x7 production services a plus
- You write exemplary code and documentation that other engineers can read, understand, and even learn something from
- You’ve built a user-facing application and iterated based on feedback
- You know how to solicit and incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders
- You have working knowledge and experience with the Rust programming language
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.