DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports new kinds of autonomous software. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz. The Internet Computer was launched in May, 2021.
Do you have a deep knowledge of both frontend and backend engineering? Do you set high visual standards and have an obsessive attention to detail? Do you enjoy working across the whole stack, from visual design, user interaction design, frontend technologies, backend interface design, and backend implementation?
DFINITY is seeking an experienced full stack developer, so if you’ve found yourself nodding ‘yes’ to the questions above, this may be the job for you!
Full stack developers at DFINITY work on a broad array of problems including:
- Designing and implementing beautiful user interfaces that are easy to understand and navigate.
- Gathering and negotiating requirements with key stakeholders.
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into a beautiful and functional user experience.
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, researchers, product managers, and other stakeholders.
Some of the things that may be helpful preparation for a role at DFINITY include:
- Work experience as full stack developer or frontend/backend developer.
- Deep knowledge of frontend technologies, such as HTML, CSS, and JS, and a good understanding of one or more frameworks, such as React.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and Agile software development.
- Experience shipping significant software systems as part of a medium to large organization.
- A good understanding of at least one system software language, such as C, C++, or Rust. On the backend, our developers work primarily in Rust (we will help you learn).
- Experience designing systems that run 24x7x365, and working in an organization that deploy and operate such systems.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field. The unique challenges at DFINITY have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.
What kind of full stack developers are we looking for?
- First, we seek a passion for building quality production systems software and tools. Research is an important component of what we do, however our first passion is for changing the world by shipping software.
- Second, we are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
- Finally, curiosity and open mindedness are critical. No one has built the Internet Computer before! The problems are challenging, and we need innovators to help solve them