DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is fast and scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
But if developers aren’t writing apps for it, what’s the point!? That’s where you come in. We’re looking for Apprentice Software Engineers to improve and create best-in-class tools and examples for our developer community, so that building Dapps can be a breeze.
New to decentralized? Don’t know blockchain or cryptography? That’s okay! We have some of the world’s foremost experts and they’re excited to share their knowledge. You bring your awesome skills and help us create something amazing.
This program is designed for up-and-coming engineers to join a world-class team and contribute to meaningful projects while gaining valuable hands-on experience. This will be a paid, 40 hours per week commitment for the months of November and December 2021, with an opportunity for extension or conversion to full time employment upon completion of the program.
As an Software Engineer Apprentice on the SDK team, you’ll work on projects like:
- Extending our command line interface (CLI) to help out in local app development, make deploying and upgrading apps on the DFINITY Network a snap, and keep packages up-to-date
- Writing plug-ins and packages to provide simple and useful features for developers using our SDK
- Collaborating on our public-facing API and writing (or code generating!) client libraries to handle secure messaging, error handling, and service discovery
- Prototyping example apps from simple Hello Worlds to software only possible on decentralized infrastructure to find and improve developer workflow and instruct the community on best practices
If a lot of these sound like you, you might be a good fit for our team:
- You are interested in blockchain development
- You are able to break down complex problems into manageable pieces
- You’ve taken a laborious task and automated it with a bash script
- You do the right thing even when it’s hard and treat challenges as a chance to learn
- You share your honest opinions so the team can improve
- You’ve invested in improving your own workflow and are a continual learner
- You can effectively collaborate with co-workers across multiple sites and time zones
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.