DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is fast and scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
But if developers aren’t writing apps for it, what’s the point!? That’s where you come in. We’re looking for Software Engineers to improve and create best-in-class tools and examples for our developer community, so that building Dapps can be a breeze.
New to decentralized? Don’t know blockchain or cryptography? That’s okay! We have some of the world’s foremost experts and they’re excited to share their knowledge. You bring your awesome skills and help us create something amazing.
While much of our hiring has been around our research centers in San Francisco, Palo Alto and Zurich, we’re remote-friendly in supported locations.
As an engineer on the SDK team, you’ll work on projects like:
- Extending our command line interface (CLI) to help out in local app development, make deploying and upgrading apps on the DFINITY Network a snap, and keep packages up-to-date
- Writing plug-ins and editor packages to transform our developers’ favorite editors into a complete integrated development environment (IDE) for writing, debugging, and compiling DFINITY apps
- Collaborating on our public-facing API and writing (or code generating!) client libraries to handle secure messaging, error handling, and service discovery
- Prototyping example apps from simple Hello Worlds to software only possible on decentralized infrastructure to find and improve developer workflow and instruct the community on best practices
If a lot of these sound like you, you might be a good fit for our team:
- You have a degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- You’ve got 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- You have worked on multiple computing platforms (web, mobile, desktop, cloud, embedded) and understand their developer experience
- You’ve worked in multiple IDEs (XCode, Eclipse, VSCode, Atom, vim, emacs) and can think of ways to improve them
- You write exemplary code and documentation that other engineers can read, understand, and even learn something from
- You’ve taken a laborious task and automated it with a bash script
- You’ve built a user-facing application and iterated based on feedback
- You know how to solicit and incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders
- You do the right thing even when it’s hard and treat challenges as a chance to learn
- You share your honest opinions so the team can improve
- You’ve invested in improving your own workflow and are a multiplier for your team
- You can effectively collaborate with co-workers across multiple sites and time zones
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.