The growth team at DFINITY is on a mission to help build the Internet Computer ecosystem by partnering with high-impact developers and entrepreneurs and enabling them to build hyperscale decentralized apps that serve billions of people. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
We’re looking for a Developer Relations Engineer to engage our swiftly growing developer community, gather constructive feedback, and keep our roadmap full of valuable projects to ensure that building DFINITY apps is fun and easy. The Developer Relations Engineer is a trusted resource, responsible for educating and engaging the growing Internet Computer developer community. This role is part of the Growth team, but works cross-functionally to help deliver developer-facing content and support developer programs. This role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a feedback loop with our developer community and partners, defining metrics and mechanisms for measuring developer experience, and promoting internal and external understanding of the Internet Computer.
As a Developer Relations Engineer, you’ll work to:
- Understand the goals of the community developers and help them navigate through their journey of building on the Internet Computer.
- Become an oracle of technical guidance for our developers on our community forum or face-to-face in the Developer Partner and Developer Grants programs.
- Aggregate feedback from the developer community and help align the internal organization to prioritize feature requests from the community and developer partners.
- Constantly helping improve our developer-facing products by establishing and measuring key metrics and conducting user research.
- Support adjacent teams, like marketing and legal, in the creation of developer-facing content and collateral.
- Helping create demos and tutorials, contribute to technical documentation, and lead external training, meetups, and presentations.
Background and Skills:
If a lot of these sound like you, you might be a good fit for our team:
- You have a degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong background and understanding of the crypto ecosystem
- You’ve worked on multiple computing platforms (web, mobile, desktop, cloud, embedded) and understand their developer experience
- You can engage in active listening until you fully understand someone's problem
- You could explain a complex concept (e.g. encryption, sharding, the electoral college) to a 5-year old
- You’ve identified the “lightbulb moment” when introducing a new concept and restructured existing communication to support it
- You know how to solicit and incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders
- You do the right thing even when it’s hard and treat challenges as a chance to learn
- You share your honest opinions so the team can improve
- You’ve invested in improving your own workflow and are a multiplier for your team
- You can effectively collaborate with co-workers across multiple sites and time zones
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.