The Internet Computer is a crypto network that scales infinitely, is unhackable, can support billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software. Or put simply (from developer’s POV), apps on the Internet Computer can host their entire backend and frontend while giving users a pleasant user experience. The DFINITY Foundation is a Zurich-based R&D Nonprofit whose entire mission is the development and promotion of the Internet Computer. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz. The network launched in May 2021 and is rapidly growing.
As a Head of Evangelism, you will be a critical enabler of our vision not just to create exposure for the Internet Computer but to help its adoption. You will report directly to the Founder and President of the DFINITY Foundation, where you will lead efforts and projects that will communicate to the community the potential of the Internet Computer for both developers and users.
No two ways about it, this is a challenging, but invigorating role. The Internet Computer is rapidly growing with developers from all over the world jumping aboard. If you are interested in developer adoption and growing computing platforms, this is a great opportunity. Special plus if you can move fast, learn fast, and can communicate to a crypto-native audience.
Scope of Work:
The DFINITY Foundation is looking for a leader who can lead efforts to bring more developers and applications to the Internet Computer. Responsibilities include:
- Evangelize the Internet Computer
- This person will own the following properties end-to-end (content, design, implementation):
- Foundation website (e.g. https://dfinity.org/)
- Technical Library (e.g. https://dfinity.org/technicals)
- Developer-facing documentation (e.g. https://dfinity.org/developers/ )
- The ideal person can have a strong arm in evangelism of developer platforms and/or crypto
- Own website design, content, production for the Foundation and its related advocacy activities to provide a great experience for developers and users on the Internet Computer.
- Organize online and offline advocacy events to reach developers and create awareness for the DFINITY foundation
- Recruit and manage network of design and frontend developers for web properties
- Work closely with leadership and key cross-functional teams
- Engage with the Internet Computer community and accelerate its growth
- Create content, such as landing pages, technical docs, presentations, etc...
Background and Skills:
- Understanding of distributed computing, blockchain, crypto is a plus
- 10+ years of experience with a focus on developer-facing products/services, crypto, or infrastructure
- Shipped multiple web properties from beginning to end. If you have high-engagement, successful or amazing websites, we would love to hear from you and why you are proud of them.
- Successful track record of working closely with many stakeholders (engineering in particular) in complex projects
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.