DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is fast and scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
The Internet Computer was successfully launched in May 2021. To ensure smooth operation and timely updates in case of problems, we are extending our Build & Qualification team. As a member of this team, you will join our effort to automate the rollout of new releases controlled by a decentralized governance system. This is a unique opportunity to work across teams to understand their needs and impact the quality and efficiency of software delivery.
- Collaborate with engineers from different teams to plan future software releases.
- Anticipate and mitigate operational obstacles when rolling out new features.
- Build tests for our staging environment to catch regressions before they reach the Internet Computer.
- Understand the architecture of the Internet Computer and learn from incidents to continuously improve quality.
- Simulate different network conditions to explore the robustness of our system.
- Work closely with the teams who:
- Define and operate our CI/CD system that produces the artifacts consumed by this team
- Develop the test frameworks we use to qualify new releases
- Prepare governance proposals and interact with the community who will vote and adopt these proposals so that changes are rolled out to the Internet Computer.
- Strong problem solving and software engineering skills.
- Experience deploying and operating systems that run 24x7x365, including monitoring, alarming, and tooling required to keep them healthy.
- Preferably you have built reliable systems with tools that we use on a daily basis:
- CI/CD: GitLab, GitHub
- Metrics, monitoring and visualization: Elastic Stack, Prometheus and Grafana
- OS and containerization: Linux and Docker
- Programming languages: Python and an interest in Rust
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field. The unique challenges at DFINITY have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.
- Preferably, you have built canisters for the Internet Computer and have worked with our toolset.
What kind of engineers are we looking for?
- You should demonstrate a passion for building quality software and systems
- We are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
- You seek to understand the impact of your solution on the customer, in our case the Internet Computer community, and want to continuously optimize the experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.