DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
As a Network Architect/Engineer , you will be a critical enabler of our vision. You will build and support our on-prem private cloud as well as our Managed and External DFINITY Data Centers.
- Design, automate and operationalize, and optimize networks in support of our Data Centers using Network DevOps best practices. Assist with the planning, installation, configuration, optimization, operation, and ongoing maintenance of the computers and global data centers
- Oversee network performance, the monitoring of equipment and the management of vendor relationships
- Continually monitor and assess utilization for capacity planning and process improvement
- Ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable
- Implements and monitors practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations, Service Level Agreements, and control requirements
- Participate in the analysis, selection and modification of network lifecycle tooling
- Installation of network hardware/software, linux-based NOS and equipment
- Provide direction and solutions to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems
- Ensure network architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility
- Coordinate delivery of services to user groups and ensure Data Center Services are uninterrupted.
Background and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of network-based systems operations and maintenance, including a good understanding of protocols and tools necessary for effective resolution of maintenance requests and tracking operational processes
- At least 5 years experience with modern data center networking technologies such as: WAN networking, firewall, VPN, DNS, load-balancing, BGP, IPv6, underlay/overlay networks, SDN-WAN, OOB networks, VXLAN
- Technical knowledge in networking (Cisco and non-Cisco) with an emphasis on software-defined networks (SDN) and leveraging spine & leaf designs, firewalls, security design (intrusion detection and prevention), DNS, NTP, Network Tools & Management
- Technical knowledge common routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP), IPv6, VPN, etc. across a global distributed network
- Hands-on experience with common routing and switching platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Dell, HP/Aruba etc.)
- Experience with following networking technologies a plus: Nvidia/Cumulus OS, Dell NOS, OPNsense firewall, Sophos, SONiC
- Extensive experience in building, operating and performing network capacity planning for global data centers
- Technical knowledge and experience with telco and ISP networks a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the following: data center facilities management, backbone networks, compute networks, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure automation, instrumentation, and monitoring platforms and the emerging technologies in this area.
- Experienced with modern configuration management and orchestration tools like: Ansible, Terraform, Helm, kubernetes, Openstack.
- Certification in network and/or security technologies (e.g., CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, etc.) a plus.
- Proven experience with bash or Python to support developing scripts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and degrees of technical experience
5% travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.