DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network, the Internet Computer, that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, and scales to billions of users around the world. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our high-performing Software Development Kit (SDK) team, coach its members, gather constructive feedback, and keep our roadmap full of valuable projects to ensure that building DFINITY apps is fun and easy. Work on our SDK is part of our broader Developer Experience (DX) initiatives.
As Engineering Manager for the SDK team, you'll work to:
- Attract and retain world class software engineers and mentor them to keep growing and striving to be their best.
- Synthesize a roadmap based on organizational priorities, feedback gathered from the community, and technical concerns with a focus on consistently delivering valuable tools to our developers.
- Build an active relationship to the developer community to elicit feedback on their use and needs related to the SDK. Identify projects that attract open source contributions and foster such collaborations.
- Lead the team to execute on their best work by providing the magical amount of process and inspiration to empower creative thinking, reduce roadblocks, and handle distractions.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders within DFINITY, including our research, design, legal, and marketing teams to increase impact and reduce risk of SDK projects.
If a lot of these sound like you, you might be a good fit for our team:
- You realize that engineering management is a different skill set than engineering
- You consider your leadership to be a service that you provide your team members
- You have 10+ years of combined experience as a software engineer, technical lead, and/or engineering manager
- You have strong opinions about effective developer workflows and tooling that you're willing to change in the face of new data
- You can compare and contrast different agile development frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) and handcraft a process that's right for the team
- You have successfully worked on an Open Source project and are familiar with the risks and rewards of working in public view
- You have created and managed a roadmap or two in your time and know how to prioritize requests from multiple inputs into something that disappoints/delights everyone equally
- You're experienced with the technical considerations of building developer tools such as command line interfaces, client libraries, compilers, package managers, IDEs, etc.
- You do the right thing even when it’s hard and treat challenges as a chance to learn
- You share your honest opinions so the team can improve
- You effectively collaborate with co-workers across multiple sites and time zones
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.