DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is fast and scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
DFINITY has a world-class team of computer science researchers that is experiencing rapid growth as we approach the Internet Computer’s public launch. We have multiple openings across a broad range of seniority and fields with a focus on security and practical performance. Below are some examples of relevant research areas - but unique combinations or variations are ok.
- Cryptography - design provably secure, scalable and practical cryptographic protocols, areas of interest include multi-party computation and post-quantum cryptography
- Distributed systems - design, analyze and implement algorithms and architectures for dependable and scalable distributed/concurrent systems
- Formal verification - develop and apply techniques to give strong security guarantees for the Internet Computer
- Networking - design, build and analyze the networking architecture and protocols for a secure, dependable and scalable Internet Computer
- Operating systems - build and improve the Linux-based software system that runs the Internet Computer, with a focus on security, isolation, side-channel prevention
- Embedded system - design, analyze and implement system software to support secure execution environments utilizing smartcards and x86 secure virtualization technology
- Pen testing - identify risks across the full stack of the Internet Computer and help mitigate them
- Collaborate with engineers to develop secure, reliable and scalable solutions, from problem identification and solution conception to production
- Provide deep technical insight in a field of interest and communicate it clearly
- Contribute to designs and specifications of the next iterations of the Internet Computer
- Write high-quality research papers targeted at leading conferences and journals
- Represent the company in academic and industry conferences and share technical information internally as well as with the public
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Strong record of peer-reviewed publications in top venues or other evidence of excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively both with other research and engineering teams
- Experience as a professor, postdoctoral researcher or industry researcher is a plus
- Experience with Rust programming is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.