DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is fast and scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
Are you ready to identify weaknesses in our stack, to discover bugs in our APIs and to improve the quality of a complex product by establishing a strong test harness? Are you passionate about building test automation to ensure that regressions are discovered before they reach production? Do you have hands-on experience with distributed systems and like to work with them on a daily basis? Then we have a role for you!
You will collaborate with a motivated team that works on some of the most sophisticated, secure, and efficient distributed messaging protocols ever to be deployed. We are a vibrant startup that has grown to 100+ employees with offices in the Bay Area and Zurich.
- Extend our existing system and production test frameworks written in Rust, Python and bash.
- Integrate automated tests into our GitLab pipelines and drive improvements based on data collected in the Elastic stack.
- Identify design and implementation weaknesses of the Internet Computer using state-of-the art testing strategies:
- Functional tests
- Performance tests
- Fuzz testing
- Chaos and network testing
- Collaborate with engineering teams to reproduce and pinpoint uncovered defects and anomalies.
- Establish best practices that capture the learnings from testing.
- Support the definition of quality gates for software releases based automated tests.
- Participate in R&D design reviews to incorporate learnings from your verification work early on in the design process.
- You’re a skilled programmer with a deep understanding of at least one systems software language like C, C++, or Rust. Our distributed systems components and part of our test framework is written in Rust (and we’re committed to helping you learn if you lack experience with Rust).
- You’ve worked as part of a quality team and have regularly released software to a large user base.
- You’re experienced in automating test scenarios and their integration in a DevOps pipeline - preference for experience with GitLab and the Elastic stack.
- You’re eager to understand a software stack in detail and to rigorously test it to ensure that it behaves as expected.
- A quality mindset that demands excellence from yourself and your team.
- You enjoy collaborating with other technical experts, across teams and to jointly drive for software and process improvements.
- Experience working with deployment tooling such as Terraform and Ansible is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.