DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
We’re seeking a Distributed Systems Implementation and Operation expert, responsible for working on the Network Nervous System (NNS) - The Brain of the Internet Computer. This will be a key role, building the intelligent, decentralized and autonomous system that controls the Internet Computer.
- Implement secure, decentralized governance systems to manage the Internet Computer
- Collaborate with other development and research teams in providing decentralized governance for various components of the Internet Computer and building proofs of the security of the system
- Contribute to the token system that will power the Internet Computer.
- Help design endpoints that will allow for efficient operation of the Internet Computer.
- Embed the NNS with intelligence, enabling it to automate smart decisions like evicting malicious nodes or coordinate automated responses to DOS attacks.
- Build a system for autonomous programs to be able to run on the Internet Computer, powering decentralized autonomous apps with token based governance.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of industry experience as a software engineer working on large scale/distributed systems
- A skilled programmer with a deep understanding of at least one systems software language like C, C++, or Rust. Our distributed systems components are written in Rust and we’re committed to training if that’s a skillset you’re looking to build.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems - bonus if they are public-facing.
- Experience operating large scale distributed systems, especially in fault/threat detection and mitigation.
- Experience building governance and operations tools for large scale distributed systems
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technologies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.