DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
Do you like designing and implementing secure systems? Are you passionate about code simplicity, quality, and performance? Do you think that cryptographic tools such as zero-knowledge proofs and threshold crypto are heavily under-utilized? This is a unique opportunity to work with exceptional engineering teams creating the Internet Computer and bring advanced cryptographic algorithms to practical use.
Cryptography Engineers at DFINITY work on a broad array of problems including:
- Designing APIs for cryptographic libraries that are easy to use and hard to misuse
- Implement cryptographic tools and algorithms used by all components of the Internet Computer:
- Signature schemes, including multi and threshold signatures
- Distributed key generation algorithms
- Merkle trees
- Encryption schemes
- Zero-knowledge proofs
- Key management
- Authentication mechanisms and securing data in flight and at rest
- Ensuring secure coding practices and compatibility with client-based applications (browsers, Ledger devices, etc.)
Some of the things that may be helpful preparation for a role at DFINITY include:
- Good understanding and experience in using cryptographic protocols (encryption and signature schemes, zero-knowledge proofs, etc.).
- Experience in systems security and implementation best practices.
- Experience in implementing cryptographic primitives and using hardware/trusted execution environments (smart-cards, HSM, SGX, SEV, etc.).
- A deep understanding of at least one systems software language, like C, C++, or Rust. Our systems developers work primarily in Rust (we will help you learn it).
- Experience deploying systems that run 24x7x365 and building the monitoring, alarming, and tooling required to keep them healthy.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field. The unique challenges at DFINITY have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.
What kind of engineers are we looking for?
- First, we seek a passion for building quality production systems software. Research is an important component of what we do, however our first passion is for changing the world by shipping software.
- Second, we are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
- Finally, curiosity and open mindedness are critical. We face many challenges to build the world's first Internet Computer, and we need innovators to help take on them.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.