DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
Do you like designing, implementing and supporting automation tools? These tools are used daily by our development engineers building and testing code changes to components across all of DFINITY’s software stack. This is a unique opportunity to work with engineering teams creating the Internet Computer and profoundly impact the quality and efficiency of software delivery.
Infrastructure Engineers at DFINITY work on a broad array of problems including:
- Providing frameworks for large-scale system integration testing
- Building and maintaining the full deployment pipeline, from code to the production data centers, using reproducible builds
- Running the monitoring, logging, and alerting infrastructure for internal systems
- Improving engineering effectiveness through automation of various aspects of our build pipelines and processes.
We know and respect that great software engineers come from a great variety of backgrounds. Where you come from is of interest to us, but what we care most about is what you can do.
Some of the things that may be helpful preparation for a role at DFINITY include:
- Experience shipping significant software systems or tooling as part of a medium to large organization.
- A deep understanding of at least one systems software language, like C, C++, or Rust. Our systems developers work primarily in Rust and WebAssembly (we will help you learn them).
- Experience deploying and operating systems that run 24x7x365 and building the monitoring, alarming, and tooling required to keep them healthy. Experience building systems that software developers and end-users love.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field. The unique challenges at DFINITY have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.
What kind of engineers are we looking for?
- First, we seek a passion for building quality production systems software and tools. Research is an important component of what we do, however our first passion is for changing the world by shipping software.
- Second, we are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
- Finally, curiosity and open mindedness are critical. No one has built one of these before! The problems are challenging, and we need innovators to help solve them.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.