Principal Scientist – Chemical Biology
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced and creative Principal Scientist to join our Chemistry and Biophysical Sciences team. As part of our growing Drug Discovery group, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of chemical biology strategies across our portfolio. You will be responsible for developing chemoproteomics and chemical biology tools to reveal the targets of hits from phenotypic screens and for understanding their mechanism of action of regulating key condensate biology in disease progression. These critical activities will help revolutionize our approach to the discovery and development of small molecule drugs. You will have a strong scientific background in affinity-based pulldowns, target engagement and target deconvolution techniques with direct hands-on experience in identifying small molecule targets using chemoproteomics and other chemical biology techniques.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based in our Boston site (US). Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salaries, and amazing perks.
In this role you will...
- Define project-related Chemical Biology strategies across Dewpoint portfolio
- Design specific probes and chemoproteomics studies to support target identification and elucidate mechanism of action of phenotypic hits that regulate condensate biology
- In collaboration with Proteomics team and/or partner CROs, execute experiments and effectively communicate results with scientific rigor to team members from all scientific disciplines
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in chemical biology, demonstrating a personal commitment to extending and developing knowledge and expertise, implementing novel target ID approaches and technologies
- Lead and/or contribute to cross-site functional goals within Chemistry and Drug Discovery
- Mentor, motivate and inspire team members at all levels
- Demonstrate teamwork and promote an open and innovative culture within a cross discipline environment
- Become a valuable contributor to other corporate initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need...
- PhD in Chemical Biology or equivalent with 4+ years of laboratory-based research experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in affinity-based pulldowns, target engagement and target deconvolution techniques
- Strong expertise in quantitative analysis of mass spectrometry-based proteomics data
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and/or evidence of sustained contributions to the field
- Ability to work closely with other drug discovery experts (MedChem, Biology, DMPK) to identify key project issues, propose and implement creative solutions, and execute on innovative ChemBio designs
- Experience working with CRO partners
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and effectively present scientific data
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment, demonstrating exceptional teamwork skills and a "can-do" / "can-win" attitude
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have...
- Experience and direct accountability in project leadership
- Drug discovery experience in oncology and neuroscience
About Dewpoint Therapeutics
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.