Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an Imaging Data Scientist (Associate Scientist, Scientist, or Sr. Scientist) to join Dewpoint’s Digital organization and support this vision as part of the Data Science team. In this role, you will develop computational methodologies for the analysis of high-content imaging datasets to support phenotyping and mechanistic studies in cell-based systems. This position will report to the Imaging group leader and will work collaboratively with data scientists, biologists, chemists, and technologists to produce results that lead to therapeutic discoveries.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This is a hybrid role, based at either our Boston or Dresden site. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will...
- Build pipelines and algorithms (segmentation-based or AI/ML) for the analysis of immunofluorescent images to support Dewpoint’s therapeutic programs. The key work streams entail:
- Conventional analysis to extract features and understand the underlying biology (e.g., mechanism of action) for a target or a compound in a screen
- Deploy AI methods to call hits and guide our biology and chemistry teams on compounds to prioritize in follow-up screens
- Phenotypic analysis using AI to classify compounds with different mechanisms of actions
- Apply algorithms to data generated by high-throughput screens at pace to support our drug discovery programs
- Use your analytical skillset to collaborate with bench scientists develop lists of hits, and present data, conclusions, and recommendations effectively to project teams, senior leadership, and external partners
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need...
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in data science or related field. Level commensurate with education and experience
- Fluency in Python and its package mechanism system (pip or Anaconda), cloud infrastructure (S3 and REST APIs), SQL, COMPUTE, and memory optimization (O notation, parallelism)
- Experience working with high-dimensional data, including knowledge of dimensionality reduction techniques (PCA, t-SNE, UMAP), graph and graph theory
- Knowledge of AI, deep learning, and machine learning (ML), including a working knowledge of CNN, RNN, Random Forest, and XGBoost, and basic ML techniques (cross validation, train/validation/test set, regularization)
- Experience with imaging analysis (segmentation, image normalization, and medical imaging)
- Knowledge of statistics, including probability distribution, normal distribution, and P-values
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to balance multiple projects and a commitment to learning
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships that facilitate effective collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to provide concise summaries of complex data to empower decision making
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have...
- Understanding of the biology field, particularly high-content screening wet lab protocols
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.