Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to further this vision and be a part of a new cutting-edge group to leverage human genetics, genomics, and computation to translate high throughput data in condensate biology to actionable knowledge about disease, patients, and therapeutics. This role will be part of the scientific computing team in R&D, working closely with wet lab teams, our data engineering team and our deep learning team to both directly support our drug development programs and build the tools that will provide deep insights directly to users.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will...
- Work with the HTS team to develop consistent and standardized analysis templates for HTS data from multiple drug discovery programs (including hit confirmation)
- Establish and help in maintaining automation of data deposition, verification, registration, integration, and analysis
- Manage reporting of HTS to company’s internal database (in consultation with Chemistry, Biology, and Platform teams)
- Work with the HTS team from the early screening stages and provide feedback on experiment design and lab protocols to ensure the right data is collected to enable solid analysis and deep insights
- Work with biologists, chemists and fellow data scientists to perform exploratory and predictive analysis on a wide range of data sources including microscopy and genomics data
- Design and prototype tools that enable scientists to identify deep insights driving our scientific research and drug development pipeline
- Coordinate with the Data Engineering team to build robust and reliable prediction and analysis pipelines
To do that you will need...
- MS/PhD in Biology, Biomedical engineering, Data Science, Computational Biology or a related scientific field
- Minimum 5 years of experience with HTS data processing, analysis, and data management in a pharma setting
- Deep knowledge with generating curve-fitting visualizations of data, e.g. 4 parameter logistic fits
- Excellent command of Spotfire, Excel and Prism is essential, experience with CDD Vault and Genedata is a plus
- Sound knowledge of programming and scripting, including proficient R, Python, and Shell
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN) and laboratory information management system (LIMS) is expected; experience with Benchling preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, self-direction and willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.