Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an enthusiastic, efficient, and effective individual to provide project management leadership and support as Associate Director/Director - Project Management. This role will report directly to the Head of Project/Portfolio management and will serve as project manager on multiple pre-clinical research projects, interfacing internally with project leads and team members within multiple functions at the Boston and Dresden sites, and with the leadership team. This position will also interact externally with alliance partners, vendors, and others.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will...
- Serve as primary point of contact across multiple pre-clinical research projects, partnering with scientific project leads to translate the project strategy into an operational project plan (incl. budget, resources, and timelines)
- Build the end-to-end integrated project plan, coordinate, and track all project-activities and resources to allow optimal progress and decision making
- Facilitate communication among project team members, coordinate activities, drive decision making, resolve issues, and identify risks/mitigation plans to drive project execution in alignment with defined schedule
- Maintain the project timelines and resource forecasts, manage variances, and communicate the impact of potential or actual variances to senior leadership
- Manage stakeholders and points of contact between the teams, sub teams, and functions/platforms
- Facilitate strong project team collaboration through organization and maintenance of MS teams and document repositories
- Help prepare and lead project teams for governance interactions from pre-project/proposals through the project execution phase
- In partnership with alliance management, support project teams in preparation for JRC/JAB meetings with external alliance partners
- Support the evolving project and portfolio management team by partnering with leadership on developing and implementing best practices in portfolio and project management, and fostering a collaborative and healthy project team culture
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do this you will need...
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Physical sciences, or relevant discipline
- 5+ years of direct, project management experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- 10+ years of experience in research in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to manage and operationally lead complex, matrixed drug discovery and preclinical development projects/teams
- High proficiency in communication and presentation
- Ability to challenge assumptions, identify risks and propose mitigation strategies, maintain timelines, and resource forecasts
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one portfolio, project and resource management planning platforms or tools such as MS Project, Clarizen, Planview (or similar tool)
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly summarize the various parts of a project and effectively tailor messages to audience including senior leaders
- Ability to collaborate and support multiple project teams simultaneously in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have...
- Relevant advanced science degree, e.g. PhD, MBA, or M.Sc.,
- Breadth of scientific expertise with solid understanding of early-stage project strategy and drug discovery
- Familiarity with IND to early clinical drug development
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please no solicitations by agencies.