Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for experienced and innovative Senior Scientists to join our Neurodegeneration/Rare Disease Drug Discovery program to discover and develop novel therapies targeting condensates. You will be responsible for developing condensate assays and interrogating the mechanism of action of small molecule modulators of disease condensates. You must have a strong scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry, with experience in optimizing and validating assays for high-throughput high content imaging screens and investigating mechanisms of action. Pharmaceutical drug discovery experience in developing cell-based assays, supporting lead optimization programs, and performing biochemical and cellular mechanism of action studies is required.
In this position you will be part of an energetic and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Provide knowledge and direction to help build out the Neurodegeneration and Rare Disease team to develop condensate biology-based assays and elucidate the disease mechanism of action of small molecules.
- Work in partnership with colleagues to ensure that assays and experiments are designed optimally, biologically relevant, aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire team members at all levels
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in neuroscience, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline or a BS/MS with 10+ years’ experience and demonstrable ability to work independently
- 3+ years’ relevant post doc or industry experience
- A prior supervisory track record
- A strong publication record demonstrating scientific accomplishment
- Experience with neuron (primary or iPSC) and/or primary fibroblast assay development
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including siRNA, CRISPR, sequencing, pull down assays, western blots, fluorescent microscopy, and flow cytometry
- Experience with a wide range of cellular assay techniques, such as reporter gene expression, high content fluorescent cell imaging, and immunology based assays, as well as mechanism of action studies
- Experience with assay analysis including determination of concentration-response data to determine potency and affinity of compounds as well as dynamic response ranges of assays and biological models
- Knowledge of and experience in assay development and validation including best practices such as assay (plate and run) controls, data analysis and quality control
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have...
- A strong background in neurodegeneration or repeat expansion diseases
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.