Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, energetic, hands-on individual to join our team as Global Lab Operations Manager, supporting our Boston and Dresden laboratories engaged in drug discovery research. This individual will be responsible for the management and implementation of the lab operations and activities relating to safety, all processes and protocols required in a scientific research organization, laboratory space planning, budget planning, purchasing, and vendor relationships. Experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment and a successful track record of managing junior staff is highly desired. Some international travel required (~ 10%).
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will...
- Plan, coordinate and oversee all facilities (lab and office) operations, equipment installations, renovations, expansions, and relocations, including leading the design, build out, and move to new lab and office facilities in 2021
- Oversee our chemical hygiene and biological safety programs to create and maintain a strong safety culture, and ensure full compliance with Health Safety & Environment programs and regulations
- Be the primary contact with building facilities management, security, and housekeeping to ensure efficient and safe operations of our laboratories, offices and common areas
- Supervise a small team of operations staff located in both Dresden and Boston
- Be highly responsive, able to be point person supporting lab operations for a large, dynamic research organization, able to prioritize, delegate effectively, and ensure timely execution of multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Work with scientists to plan and to execute instrument purchasing, installation, maintenance, and ongoing support
- Be responsible for instrument and facilities management and reagent and consumables procurement and storage
- Develop relationships, negotiate, and track financial arrangements with key vendors
To do that you will need...
- BS or MS degree in scientific or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of direct experience in managing biomedical research laboratory operations
- Prior experience leading in the design, build out and move into new laboratory and office space
- Experience in using and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills, along with the ability to balance multiple objectives
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with cross-departmental teams to improve scientific operational efficiencies and logistics, and to support business needs and scientific teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
- Supervisory experience
It is nice but not essential that you also have...
- Cell culture knowledge and experience
- Experience with laboratory automation and liquid handlers
- Experience with remote, global lab facilitation and the researching and implementation of international laboratory requirements