Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are currently seeking a strategic, collaborative, and hands-on person to head up our Human Resources efforts and to play a key role in cultivating a culture of high performance and avid engagement within our Boston and Dresden, Germany, offices. As the first full-time HR hire for Dewpoint, you will have the opportunity (and responsibility) to build out our Human Resources infrastructure and develop our people strategy to support our critical business needs while at the same time becoming a trusted team member in our dynamic organization. As part of the leadership team, this role offers a mix of strategic initiatives, talent management, and foundational HR responsibilities.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district with 5-10% travel. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will....
- Act as an advisor and coach to the business on all matters HR – no matter how big or how small
- Provide guidance and advice to leadership and business teams on the delivery of highly effective HR services in the areas of recruitment and retention, employee relations and engagement, performance management, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Act as a catalyst to evolve, recommend, and execute plans to develop people, optimize organizational structure, and foster an engaged culture
- Ensure that HR practices are aligned with global organization objectives and compliant with federal, state, and international HR laws and regulations
- Build strong and effective relationships with leadership team, managers, and employees to become a trusted partner and coach throughout the organization
- Create, facilitate, and support approaches to building a strong, dynamic culture
- Facilitate compensation processes in partnership with Leadership Team, including equity assessments and salary planning within budgetary guidelines
- Identify training needs and appropriate resources to develop training materials and modules when required
- Lead, build, and implement best recruitment and diversity-building practices to attract and retain talent and be competitive in the market
- Participate on teams, committees, and special projects to help make a difference in the organization and establish a high performing and thriving company
- Develop, advise on, and implement new HR policies and procedures according to best practices, relevant labor law, and policy guidelines
To do that you will need.....
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Highly relevant degree or additional HR certifications a plus
- 10 - 15 years of progressive HR experience
- To be a hands-on HR leader, with exceptional communication, influencing, and relationship-building skills who thrives in a dynamic environment with frequent change and transformation
- Experience designing and executing scalable HR processes in fast-paced, high-performing, small company or start up environment
- To be self-motivated and self-confident; comfortable operating with minimal direction
- A broad generalist track record of handling a variety of HR issues and bringing a strong background of best practices and a solid understanding of employment law, recruitment dynamics, culture-building, employee relations and engagement, compensation equity, etc.
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It would be nice to have but not necessary.....
- Biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience highly desirable
- Experience working in company with multiple locations, including international
- Prior experience on Greenhouse or other ATS