Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for a creative, energetic person to join our team as a screening and automation research associate, supporting high throughput assays and instrumentation for multiple disease areas. The successful candidate will be highly skilled in the preparation of reagents; setup, validation, and troubleshooting of laboratory automation; and execution of high-throughput screens. Expertise in the analysis of high throughput data and/or cellular imaging data is a plus.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovations Zentrum. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this position you will....
- Collaborate with disease area and technology experts to drive condensate drug discovery projects
- Conduct independent execution of automated in vitro assays in addition to instrumentation support activities
- Program, validate, and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation such as liquid handlers, plate readers, plate handling devices, and cell-based imaging systems
- Train and support scientist users of instrumentation
To do this you will need....
- A B.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology or a related subject
- 3-5 years of experience in high throughput screening and/or high-content cellular screens. Experience with high content cellular imaging analysis is a plus.
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting laboratory robotics such as Hamilton, Beckman, Agilent, or Tecan liquid handlers
- Proven skills in the use of desktop data processing and visualization software such as GraphPad Prism, Spotfire, KNIME, or R
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.