Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative and experienced Research Associate to drive protein purification efforts. You will be responsible for developing expression, purification and quality control assays as well as for producing high quality proteins for our discovery programs. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to further the discovery efforts.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovations Zentrum. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
- MTA, BTA, CTA, B.S., M.S. or Diploma in biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology or a related subject
- 3-5 years of experience with expression and purification of proteins from bacterial and insect cell culture.
- Experience with liquid chromatography methods (i.e., affinity, IEX, SEC, HPLC, etc.) and platforms (i.e., AKTA).
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
- Experience with purification of intrinsically disordered proteins and multidomain proteins.
- Experience with protein production in mammalian cells.