DeVries is a mid-sized, culture-first communications agency that combines the fast-moving, client-centric culture of a boutique with a global footprint across three regions: North America, Europe and Asia. With our HQ in New York City, our locations include Beijing, Berlin, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei. We are dedicated to decoding culture to unlock sustained, meaningful influence for brands.
We are seeking a Vice President to join our team based in New York. The Vice President plays a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of DeVries Public Relations. A VP is responsible for managing the client relationship and teams and is accountable for delivering contracted work on time and within budget, staffing accounts appropriately and producing high-quality work and excellent results. The ideal candidate brings a demonstrated record of developing and executing successful public relations strategies and programs.
· Serve as senior strategic counsel for the client
· Up-level monthly reporting to educate client on deliverable and success
· Keep client updated across portfolio activities on a weekly basis
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders and partner agencies.
· Maintain ongoing communication with clients and partner agencies on a daily basis
· Develop quality standards and ensure client satisfaction
· Develop long-term plans and program recommendations for clients
· Act on the front lines for any issues or challenges related to the business or team
· Develop and deliver client presentations
Media and Influencer Relations
· Experience driving long-term celebrity talent partnerships
· Solid understanding of how to craft relevant stories across all media types
· Evaluate/counsel team members’ pitching skills and makes time to train teams
· Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of client relevant media
· Must have baseline level of knowledge and expertise re: social platforms and paid/owned/earned model
· Understands digital influencer landscape – selection, collaboration, activation
· Works in partnership with media and influencer leads for optimum integration of programming
· Internal (client) and external (e.g. celebrity) spokesperson and long-term ambassador management
· Develop and manage brand relationship and presence on new media through earned influencer programs
Written & Oral Skills
· Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a strategic and compelling manner
· Supervise all team writing and editing and makes time to train teams
· Be accountable for and have control over final review of all presentations, memos, meeting reports and client materials
· Work closely with senior management to develop strategic and creative recommendations
· Extremely comfortable with plan/idea presentation; compelling speaking style
· Understands DeVries’ business model and staffing
· Comfortable managing $1M- 3M+ of client revenue
· Strong sense of how to hunt for organic opportunities for growth
· Create and execute accurate budget estimates for clients for long-term and short-term programs and adhere to approved funds
· Overall budget management (Fee and OOP tracking)
· Authorize billing invoices and if necessary, follow-up with past-due invoices to clients
· Elevates successes and challenges appropriately to supervisor
· Provide leadership, direction and guidance to account team(s)
· Develop and coach account teams for peak performance
· Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
· Be key contact for internal staff to address issues
· Ensure quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations
· Attend account reviews and staff meetings – provide ongoing communications and feedback
· Help structure and staff new and existing project teams, including reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates
· Ensure that account team members adhere to agency time reporting and financial guidelines
· Conduct performance reviews
· Make recommendations regarding salary increases, promotions, etc.
· Serve as a role model to other team members
New Business Development
· New business hungry mentality; strong networking skills
· Assist in the development of new business initiatives
· Capable participating in new business pitch development and presentations
9+ years related professional experience
· Can turn ideas into workable plans
· Adeptness in conveying ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
· Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict
· Skill in mobilizing and motivating teams
· Expertise in working independently
· Excellent oral and written business communication skills
· Aptitude for financial analysis
· Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
· Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
· Aptitude for successfully “selling” additional services or negotiate additional funding for projects
· Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
· Desire to pursue learning and self-development; participates in required and voluntary courses.
DeVries has included the base salary or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; market considerations; budgetary considerations; as well as a candidate’s background, relevant experience, and qualifications.
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.