Position: Consultant (Consumer/Project based)
Reports to: Account Manager
Role Location: Beijing office
Our founder, industry pioneer Madeline DeVries, built the agency on a promise to treat our clients’ businesses like our own. We carry out her legacy every day. Our unwavering commitment to her standards of client success has resulted in a 40-year track record of delivering big, bold, business-moving outcomes for iconic consumer brands.
DeVries Global is a mid-sized agency and proud member of the Interpublic Group (IPG) – a leading provider of marketing solutions with a roster of world-class agencies across the marketing spectrum in all major world markets. With HQ in New York City, locations include Beijing, Berlin, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, Singapore, and Taipei.
The agency’s mission is to decode culture to create the influence that propels brands to win, and our culture-led approach truly informs everything we do, from brand planning to earned to influencer marketing to measuring impact and has resulted in multiple award-winning campaigns. Our teams specialize in rich, insight-based storytelling, data-led influencer marketing, and helping clients create a more aspirational position in the market. DeVries Global works across the full spectrum of consumer, healthcare categories including CPG, fashion, retail, home, F&B, wellness, spirits and travel, and continues to leverage a deep heritage and expertise in beauty.
Who We’re Looking For:
A Consultant (Consumer/Project based) serves as a primary client contact. He/she manages the flow of work and information to the account team. Consultant must maintain a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry, and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid public relations counsel to different levels of client contacts. He/she will help to interpret and implement strategic plans for clients in conjunction with other team members. Consultant’s focus is on developing their proficiency and the necessary skill set to become a successful PR practitioner.
- Serve as key day-to-day client contact
- Develop strong understanding of client’s business and industry
- Assist in the development and management of client budgets
- Manage multiple projects for a variety of clients, if necessary, from concept to completion on time and within budget
- Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters, linked to strategic plans
- Conduct and manage the flow of information necessary to analyze client issues
- Participate in client meetings
- Develop client presentations
- Draft media relations materials
- Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of relevant client media
- Qualify media inquiries
- Pitch media persuasively and make pitch recommendations
- Generate ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts
- Manage or supervise the logistics of events (eg: satellite media tours, desk side briefings, editor events, etc.)
- Manage external vendors
- Develop proposals, releases, bylined articles and other press materials
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Instruct staff in the areas of writing and editing as necessary
- Contribute to the development of strategic client plans
- Show potential leadership skills and supervise junior staff members
- Serve as a role model to other team members
- Provide objective input at Account Review meetings
- Balance workload between accounts and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Contribute to work plan of junior team members
- Add to performance review reports
- Train junior team members on public relations tactics
- Serve on internal committees; conduct in-house training sessions.
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Continually update manager on progress of activities
- Code, track and approve invoices and coordinate with the Accounting Department
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Assist in account budgeting recommendations
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years related professional integrated communications or TPR/EPR experience in lifestyle/Consumer
- Basic English oral and written business communication skills
- Established skills in planning and crisis communication
- Fast peace and quick learner, be curious about new trends
- Be willing to try different fields of business and clients and embrace challenge
- Target driven and ability to handle multi-task pressure
- Can work independently to lead and manage the small to medium scale projects and within a team for the large-scale projects.
- Solid content(copywriting/planning) development capability
- Practical experience in managing small or medium scale projects timeline and 3rd parties to ensure quality delivery independently within effective supervision and communication
- Able to initiate to explore and maintain media/KOL/celebrities resources according to the projects plan
- Grate communication skills (client, media, internal communication, vendor) and presentation skill
- Demonstrate great potential and business acumen and proactively participate in new business development
- Have local brand communication and client serving experience is a plus
- For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Shanghai means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by DeVries relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in DeVries.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.