DeVries is seeking a Community Strategist to join our New York office (Hybrid). The Community Strategist on the Creative Intelligence team is on the front lines managing all aspects of a client’s social presence with client-specific needs to create a best-in-class social community. This involves managing the creative process that drives voice and content as well as leading reporting and identifying insights to optimize content strategies over time. The Community Strategist will partner with the creative and account teams to manage creative for our content and communities.
The ideal candidate for this position lives and breathes all things social, culture, and beauty. Must be a conversationalist who’s innately curious, creative, strategic, and analytical in their approach with a passion for creating quality content that’s on-brand and native to social best practices.
The Community Strategist reports to the VP of Strategy and collaborates closely with the account team members on day-to-day activity.
- Leads social content process from conceptualization to final creative production and deployment
- Create and present content calendars including in-feed and Stories
- Manage execution and posting of all social assets
- Maintain active community presence by engaging with users in comments and DMs
- Manage timelines as it pertains to content calendar development, execution and reporting
- Occasionally attend in-person brand events for the capture and posting of content on brand channels
- Translates brand positioning and social voice into compelling content for social platforms
- Responsible for client communication where it relates to content and approvals
- Suggest strategic optimizations based on client needs, performance data, or emerging trends in the social space
- Stay up to date on digital/social and cultural trends, tools, best practices and how other organizations and brands are using them
- Assist creative team with content creation, including but not limited to brainstorming content ideas, identifying formats, keeping an eye on industry trends.
- Assist influencer team with tracking of partner content and in-channel communication
- Partner with strategy team to develop briefs for contracted creators/influencers who create content for owned channels
- Partners with Analytics team to track performance of social content
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in social media, particularly Instagram and TikTok. Bonus if you’d describe yourself as “chronically online”
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years community management and content strategy experience. Ability to demonstrate/provide examples of said experience.
- Strong writing skills with a keen eye for design, understands nuances of copywriting and design for different social platforms and audiences
- Ability to identify and creatively adapt relevant social media and pop culture trends for brand content
- Curious, creative, passionate about digital and social media
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to operate both analytically and creatively with acute attention to detail when managing tasks
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style; ability to work productively in a team as well as independently
- Experience with Influencer Marketing is preferred but not required.
DeVries has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.