Position: Associate/Senior Associate
Reports to: Consultant
Role Location: DeVries Global Shanghai Office
Our founder, industry pioneer Madeline DeVries, built the agency on a promise to treat our clients’ businesses like our own. We carry out her legacy every day. Our unwavering commitment to her standards of client success has resulted in a 40-year track record of delivering big, bold, business-moving outcomes for iconic consumer brands.
DeVries Global is a mid-sized agency and proud member of the Interpublic Group (IPG) – a leading provider of marketing solutions with a roster of world-class agencies across the marketing spectrum in all major world markets. With HQ in New York City, locations include Beijing, Berlin, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, Singapore, and Taipei.
The agency’s mission is to decode culture to create the influence that propels brands to win, and our culture-led approach truly informs everything we do, from brand planning to earned to influencer marketing to measuring impact and has resulted in multiple award-winning campaigns. Our teams specialize in rich, insight-based storytelling, data-led influencer marketing, and helping clients create a more aspirational position in the market. DeVries Global works across the full spectrum of consumer, healthcare categories including CPG, fashion, retail, home, F&B, wellness, spirits and travel, and continues to leverage a deep heritage and expertise in beauty.
Who We’re Looking For:
Associate is the next step above an Account Coordinator. He/she is expected to understand and learn the business of the clients he/she works for and the marketplace it sells to. Associate perform fundamental PR tasks such as monitoring/assisting in the production of media related materials (traditional and social), media outreach and begin developing client relationships. This position is focused on developing the necessary skill set to become a successful PR practitioner.
- Manage client supplies, publications, resources and materials
- Work with client on tactical issues as required by account team leaders
- Participate in client meetings and presentations as needed
- Prepare client meeting minutes
- Daily contact window with client, under line manager’s supervision
- Provide support in new business pitches
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in social media, and leverage social media to develop integrated client campaigns
- Demonstrate knowledge of brand communication, influencer marketing and advertising processes and execution
- Carry out media monitoring, conduct market research, and analyse market trend and competitor activities to provide insights and identify opportunities
- Generate client-related story angles, and develop marketing materials for campaigns
- Conduct media outreach and follow-up and maintain good relationships with relevant media/KOLs
- Manage event logistics and operations
- Familiar with the different characteristics of varied media platforms (e.g., Red, WeChat, Weibo, Zhihu, Website) and capable of producing proper content accordingly
- Proofread and edit client-related documents as needed
- Ensure quality bilingual (Chinese and English) content/paperwork development such as briefing book, release, speech, report, social copy, etc.
- Balance workload between projects and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Communicate frequently and appropriately with manager
- Attend agency staff meetings and group meetings
- Oversee interns and account coordinators as needed
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Code and track invoices and coordinate with the Accounting Department
- Assist in weekly/monthly report preparation
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Conduct research for plan development
- Research vendor costs for budget development
- 1-2 years social experience in Healthcare/Wellness product communication
- Strong social media skills
- Fosters open communication and acts as a role model for how to treat others
- Builds working relationships that foster teamwork, works well with others and inspires great work
- Demonstrates potential to lead projects and interact with clients
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Excellent judgment when working with team members, clients, and vendors Desire to pursue learning and self-development; participates in required and voluntary professional development programs.
- Being adaptable, proactive, detail-oriented, and solution-driven is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, on-line services, Media Map, etc.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Shanghai means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by DeVries relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in DeVries.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.