DeVries is a mid-sized, culture-first communications agency that combines the fast-moving, client-centric culture of a boutique with a global footprint across three regions: North America, Europe and Asia. With our HQ in New York City, our locations include Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei. We are dedicated to decoding culture to unlock sustained, meaningful influence for brands.
We recognize that when curiosity drives, creativity thrives. What's more, we've ditched the standard agency protocols, hierarchies and billing structures in favor of living in our clients' worlds, so that we can bring them blue-sky thinking and big-time results.
We are looking for a VP to provide corporate communications counsel and help manage day-to-day responsibilities for Merz Aesthetics Global. In this role, you will manage day-today activities and provide team leadership for a high-profile global corporate communications client in the medical aesthetics sector and also provide corporate communications counsel across a range of other clients. You will develop and maintain a detailed level of understanding of your clients, including business, products, markets, leadership and outside influences and be responsible for ensuring that they are telling relevant stories and engaging industry stakeholder and media audiences that will support their strategic goals. You will play a key role in growing the agency’s corporate communications assignments and the staff’s corporate communications skills.
You are a relationship-builder and a creative problem-solver with many years of experience elevating company and executive visibility through awards, events, social and media relations. You add value to any conversation and always have an Agency POV. You can identify and know how to bring great ideas and programs to life.
What you’ll do:
- Corporate Media relations serving as senior corporate communications media lead on accounts, providing seasoned counsel on proactive and reactive media engagement strategies that meet objectives; build, maintain and evolve your relationships with corporate media staying on top of developments in newsrooms, news organizations and new media; develop POVs about media best practices, client and competitor brand activity, and assist the DeVries team to ensure the firm delivers game-changing ideas and solutions
- Internal communications – Lead clients through organizational changes and support day-to-day internal comms (newsletters, town halls, etc.).
- Executive Visibility & Communications: Serve as day-to-day lead on supporting executive internal and external speaking engagements and media opportunities. Develop and provide briefings prior to speaking engagements and media interviews.
- Storytelling and positioning, grounded in your experience and ability to work with analysts on conducting research and surfacing insights to back the recommendation.
- Activation plan development and event execution to reach industry stakeholders and trade/business press through strategically selected and integrated awards, events, media relations and social media activities.
- Marketing and industry award submissions, identifying the most compelling company programs, campaigns and/or executives mapped against the most relevant awards and entry categories and writing and/or overseeing writing of the submissions.
- Corporate sponsorships and executive speaking engagements, pro- and re-actively vetting and recommending opportunities, coordinating participation logistics as primary point person between the organization and company, writing materials (bio, key messages, scripts, press releases, descriptions, briefing materials. etc.), prepping executives (message training and briefing) and supporting executives on site.
- Social media strategy, with a particular focus on executive LinkedIn communications, including channel approach, content pillars and calendar mapping, overseeing post copy and visual development and execution.
- Client service working with team to manage daily communications and reporting to your clients on industry developments, the results you are securing, progress against objectives/plans/tactics; apply learnings as real-time diagnostics of account activity to address challenges or leverage opportunities.
- Provide executional excellence.
- Develop deep knowledge about and relationships with clients, learning their business and professional preferences.
- Understand key social media, paid media and event platforms and how to integrate these with 360 communications campaigns.
- Actively contribute to new business pitches with strategy, creative counsel, and presentation support
- Reporting: Partner with business analytics team to develop client reports
- 9+ years of experience in corporate communications, with a deep background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, internal communications, business media relations and executive communications.
- Relationships with marketing and industry organizations (awards, events, speaking engagements, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and NY media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, including media training, message training, and issues and crisis.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a knack for building trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to additional, incremental new business opportunities.
DeVries has included the base salary or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; market considerations; budgetary considerations; as well as a candidate’s background, relevant experience, and qualifications.
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.