DeVries Global is looking for a Senior Account Executive with 3-4 years of professional experience to lead earned media efforts for a beauty and lifestyle client. The primary focus of the role is to serve as one of the primary day-to-day client contacts, providing tactical counsel and managing the appropriate implementation on a variety of projects on a timely, deadline-focused basis.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong Media Relations Skills: Is able to effectively and efficiently create media relations strategies (including traditional and non-traditional media, e.g., digital, print, broadcast, podcast, radio and TV integration) for clients. Will proactively lead pitching efforts (e.g., pitch angle development, media list development) to drive quality editorial coverage and should have existing relationships with key media (primarily in beauty and lifestyle).
- Strong Written and Oral Communicator: Is able to communicate clearly, quickly and comprehensively across the team and with clients in a thoughtful and helpful way. The SAE will be responsible for helping draft client facing emails and reports.
- Strategic Thinking: Is able to strategically apply client and category knowledge to effectively generate insights, ideas and recommendations for client programs/toolkits. Must have experience developing strategic programming for clients.
- Knowledge of Influencer Landscape: Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of relevant client media and influencers in key markets across the globe and ability to apply the knowledge to client recommendations. Social media influencer knowledge is a nice to have as the primary need is for knowledge of earned influencers.
- Impeccable Organizational Skills: Is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, helping to oversee execution from concept to completion, on time and within budget.
- Serve as key day-to-day client contact
- Develop strong understanding of client’s business and industry
- Help create long term plans and program recommendations for clients
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters, linked to strategic plans
- Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of relevant client media
- Qualify media inquiries
- Pitch media persuasively and make pitch recommendations
- Generate ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts
- Manage or supervise the logistics of events (eg: satellite media tours, desk side briefings, editor events, etc.)
- Manage external vendors
- Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Write and/or edit media relations materials
- Develop proposals, releases, and other client and press materials
- Account for quality control and final review of all letters, memos, meeting reports, and client materials
- Instruct staff in the areas of writing and editing as necessary
- Contribute to the development of strategic client plans
- Develop work plan of junior team members
- Train and develop staff
- Be involved in staffing of team, including reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
- Project management
- Media relations strategy
- Participate in client meetings
- Develop client presentations
Why join us:
- Excellent opportunity to grow one’s holistic understanding of the global and North America consumer PR industry and further develop strategic recommendation skills
- Grow strategic brand communications skills
- Work in a top global consumer PR agency, helping to manage critical programs for a Fortune 150 client
- Showcase creativity and innovative thinking in an environment that will encourage and fuel ideation in seamless way
- Develop on a professional and personal level across multi-skill sets within a supportive team environment.
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.