DeVries is a mid-sized, culture-first communications agency that combines the fast-moving, client-centric culture of a boutique with a global footprint across three regions: North America, Europe and Asia. With our HQ in New York City, our locations include Beijing, Berlin, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei. We are dedicated to decoding culture to unlock sustained, meaningful influence for brands.
We are seeking an earned media superstar with excellent knowledge of the modern beauty landscape and its key influencers, ranging from traditional to new media; brands; conferences; events; etc. The ideal candidate will bring a journalistic mindset, deep media relationships, executive visibility/corporate communications expertise and a passion for purpose driven work.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development of strategic client plans as well as program or initiative-specific PR recommendations
- Strategically apply client and category knowledge to effectively generate insights, ideas and recommendations for client programs
- Provide client counsel
- Lead media relations efforts to drive quality editorial coverage
- Secure media coverage in national news, lifestyle and cultural outlets and content in social media news communities.
- Troubleshoot potential issues and crises to protect brand reputation.
- Account for quality control and final review of all plans, memos, meeting reports, and client materials
- Train, mentor and manage junior staff on media relations, events and general program execution
- Ensure quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Supervise team members who will be providing logistical, writing, media list building, monitoring and reporting support.
- Serve as a role model to other team members.
- Attend account reviews and staff meetings – provide ongoing communications and feedback.
- Successfully contribute to the growth of existing accounts.
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business.
What you'll have
5 - 6 years related professional experience
- Can convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicts
- Can mobilize and motivate team
- Able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial analysis
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Established skills in planning and crisis communication
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Desire to pursue learning and self development; participates in required and voluntary professional development programs.
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Can solve problems
- Can impress new business prospects
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.