DeVries is a mid-sized, culture-first communications agency that combines the fast-moving, client-centric culture of a boutique with a global footprint across three regions: North America, Europe and Asia. With our HQ in New York City, our locations include Beijing, Berlin, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei. We are dedicated to decoding culture to unlock sustained, meaningful influence for brands.
We are looking for a Junior Strategist to join our Creative Intelligence team. The Junior Strategist team will be the day-to-day lead for all matters pertaining to the digital community for a portfolio of Beauty brands. He/She is responsible for managing all aspects of a client’s social presence with client-specific needs to create a best-in-class social community. This involves managing the creative process that drives voice and creation/selection of content as well as leading reporting and developing consumer insights to optimize content strategies over time. The Junior Strategist will partner with the creative and account teams to manage creative for our content and communities. This position will be based in the NY office, currently remote.
The ideal candidate for this position lives and breathes all things social and culture. Must be innately curious, creative, strategic and analytical in their approach with a passion to create quality content that’s on-brand and native to social best practices.
The Junior Strategist reports into the SVP of Creative Intelligence and collaborates closely with the account team members on day-to-day activity.
- Leads social content process from conceptualization to final creative production and deployment
- Continuously assess opportunity leveraging insights gathered from the mining of behaviors and conversation of the community and secondary research
- Create and present content calendars
- Manage execution and posting of all social assets
- Monitor social channels to engage with community users
- Manage timelines as it pertains to content calendar development, execution and reporting
- Translates brand positioning and social voice into compelling content for social platforms
- Assesses and solves complex brand challenges through a community and content lens; Shares expertise as it relates to social platforms and community best practices
- Responsible for client communication where it relates to content and approvals
- Suggest optimization strategy based on client needs, performance data, or emerging trends in the social space
- Stay up to date on digital/social and cultural trends, tools, best practices and how other organizations and brands are using them
- Partners with Analytics team to track performance of social content
- Assist creative team with content creation, including but not limited to brainstorming content ideas, identifying formats, keeping an eye on industry trends
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years community management experience with experience on Instragram
- Experience on TikTok is preferred, but not required
- Passionate about the beauty category
- Strong writing skills and eye for visual design
- Creative, enthusiastic, passionate about digital and social media
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate both analytically and creatively with attention to detail
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style; ability to work productively in a team as well as independently
- Experience with Influencer Marketing is preferred but not required
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.