DeVries is a mid-sized, culture-first communications agency that combines the fast-moving, client-centric culture of a boutique with a global footprint across three regions: North America, Europe and Asia. With our HQ in New York City, our locations include Beijing, Berlin, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei. We are dedicated to decoding culture to unlock sustained, meaningful influence for brands.
We are seeking an SAE to manage influencer marketing on one of the agency's largest beauty accounts. This position is currently remote, but will be based in the NY office once the agency reopens.
The SAE, Influencer Marketing has command of the influencer marketing landscape and deep understanding of how to leverage influencers to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals. Experience in influencer strategy development, campaign management, content creation, measurement, client services, and account management. Expert on priority social platforms including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and proficient on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Clubhouse. Has a finger-on-the-pulse of consumer and pop-culture/societal trends that affect consumer behavior and influence marketing campaigns.
The SAE, Influencer Marketing will report into respective account teams but will have support and oversight from Influencer Marketing VP for specialty-specific growth and counsel.
- Responsible for brainstorming, identification and vetting of potential Talent and Influencers for client campaigns
- Lead outreach to Talent and Influencers for participation in brand campaigns
- Negotiate effectively to maximize client budgets and yield strong ROI
- Draft and update talent and entertainment contracts, coordinating with internal legal team
- Lead the execution of campaigns and partnerships with Talent and Influencers from initial outreach, through negotiations, contracting, and day-to-day management. Inclusive of briefing, overseeing product requests, review and approval of content, and follow-up for first-party data and analytics
- Participate in content and campaign analysis, contributing to campaign reporting in partnership with Business Intelligence team
- Provide thoughtful content optimization recommendations to yield highest Talent performance and impact
- Contribute to developing influencer campaign strategies as it pertains to brand priorities and overarching brand strategies
- Maintain influencer campaign calendar, inclusive of briefings and content live dates
- Support team in ideating content ideas/post themes that are culturally relevant and applicable to brand priorities
- Oversee influencer payment and billing conducted by jr. staff
- Manage database of talent/influencer research and personalities
- Stay apprised of new capabilities that are announced on existing social media platforms as well as new emerging social media platforms that are gaining popularity
- Follow social media influencer personalities across multiple social platforms and diligently build relationships with Talent, Influencers and agents
Professional experience: 3+ years related professional experience
- At least 2 years as part of an integrated marketing services team and in a client-facing/agency service capacity; experience in relevant communications fields (i.e. brand building, advertising, digital, etc.) is important
- At least 2 years influencer marketing experience (must have experience leading contract negotiations, talent outreach and influencer campaign management)
- Track record of strategic and innovative thinking that delivers results (identifies new ideas that help build the business, achieve client objectives, and encourages heavy sharing/reapplication)
- Excels in fast-moving dynamic categories and environments
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns at once
- Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills, able to work independently to drive projects forward; consistently meets and exceeds deadlines and deliverables
- Experience or interest in beauty category, with a strong understanding of the category and category trends is a bonus
- Winning reputation for superb client service and counsel
- Passionate student of online media best practices and trends
- Understanding of paid amplification and content boosting – how to boost, best practices etc., is a bonus but not a requirement for this role
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.