Do you love social media? Do you thrive at the intersection of mobile technology and Internet culture? Do you bring awe-inspiring creativity to every 1:many post and 1:1 reply?
DeVries is seeking a Creative Social Copywriter and Community Manager. What does that mean? You’ll become the social voice for one of the world’s top mobile phone providers as we engage small business owners, first responders and business decision makers. Our client wants to inspire people, educate them, entertain them and help them in transform their business through mobile technology while championing diversity and inclusion. It’s an awesome opportunity and responsibility. Are you up to the challenge?
You’ll collaborate with diverse internal and client-side teams to plan, brainstorm, develop, write, edit and publish social content. And you’ll use industry-leading, AI-enabled tools to sift through literally millions of inbound social replies, messages and mentions to find opportunities for relevant brand-building engagement. While our team for this client is based in the New York area, we welcome applicants from across the U.S. as we embrace a post-pandemic world of work from anywhere.
Our agency is designed to serve today’s profoundly diverse market. This means we are earned-first and inclusive in everything we do, from media relations and influencer activation to content production, social engagement, paid amplification, employee advocacy and analytics. In markets around the globe, we leverage all aspects of modern marketing communications to earn the attention of your target audiences and drive them to action. We use data to predict outcomes and inform strategies at every stage of the customer journey, earning relevance for the brands and companies we support. We’re not just driving awareness; we’re driving business results.
What You’ll Do
- Develop monthly editorial calendar content, working with account leaders and creative teams to identify and seize the point of relevance for professionals by looking at the intersection of client priorities, audience care-abouts and the context of what’s going on in the world in the month ahead.
- Develop real-time content concepts and copy, aligning our client and target audience with what’s relevant right now, from Internet culture and conversation trends to breaking news and competitor moves.
- Partner with a talented visual asset producer to design images, motion graphics, video and more to bring the stories you tell to life in a visually compelling, platform-specific way across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and more.
- Identify influencer mentions and end-user stories that could capture the attention of the Internet.
- Infuse an appreciation for the profoundly diverse audience by incorporating and respecting cultural moments relevant to its audiences.
- Surprise and delight members and influencer to build goodwill.
- Identify emerging issues on social and flag them to issues teams for mitigation before they become brand crises. You’re the first eyes and ears on the conversation.
- Stay on top of emerging trends in social media and find ways to utilize them on behalf of the client in a relevant way - without appearing to try too hard.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-3 years of experience, preferable in an agency setting
- Proven experience creating concept-driven social copy – please include a link to your portfolio in your application
- Enthusiasm for social media and Internet culture
- Ability to translate client needs into engaging concepts and content
- Fast and adaptable writing skills to tell stories in interesting and compelling, platform-specific ways
- Passion for words with an eagle eye for details like accuracy, grammar, story flow, style and tone
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively with interoffice, cross-department teams
- A knack for juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, under various deadlines
- Knowledge of social listening, Boolean query development, Talkwalker and Sprinklr all a plus but not required
- Enhanced family care benefits
- Monthly wellness and personal technology stipends
- A modern hybrid environment: work remotely and in-person
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.