We are seeking an AE or Sr. AE with excellent knowledge of the modern beauty landscape to join the agency focusing on media relations and client account management. This position will be based in our NY office, currently remote.
What you’ll do:
- Media outreach to long and short lead consumer and trade outlets to generate coverage for brands year-long
- Build media lists
- Write press materials, creative pitches and pitch calendars
- Work closely with media lead to set year-long media strategy
- Foster relationships with editors for ongoing coverage opportunities throughout the year
- Flawless execution of editor events, desksides, 1:1 immersions, creative deliveries, press launches, etc.
- Ideate and execute media mailers
- Work with client on tactical programs
- Follow through on approved media strategies and effectively communicate progress, updates and challenges to senior team members and/or clients
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Provide basic client counsel
Be a team catalyst for decoding culture.
- In partnership with Business and Creative Intelligence groups, monitor consumer, category, culture, etc. and surface relevant insights and trends to be shared with clients and for informing program planning, execution/media pitches and real-time optimization
Foster an integrated approach:
- Collaborate with Business and Creative Intelligence groups on decoding culture, strategy, campaign concepting/planning, and activation
Contribute to team delivering tactics on time, within budget and achieving results:
- Create and manage timelines, liaise with vendor partners and clients
- Monitor and track media coverage; develop coverage reports, working with Business Intelligence group to provide analysis that informs strategy and activation
- Update the budget tracker, billing expenses back to the client
- Draft meeting agendas and action item recaps
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years related professional experience
- Deep media relationships
- Strong writing skills; particularly creative writing with a journalistic mindset
- Able to work independently and own assigned projects
- Creatively curious
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Ideal candidate comes from a culture-led agency or in-house company with a strong understanding of today’s media landscape
Responsible; Organized; Personable; Able to work independently and own assigned projects; Creatively Curious; Agile; Problem Solver; Ability to multi-task
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.