DevRev is bringing AI and Design to software and customer reliability engineering. The software industry is wasting hundreds of billions of dollars in activities that are bound to become autonomous with machine intelligence (think “self-driving”), provided one cleverly replaces existing systems of record. We are building a highly engaging system of record that promises to make product development and customer service joyous! DevRev brings our customers (Developers) closer to their customers (Revenue).
The company has raised what is presumably the Valley's largest-ever seed round, and we are run by founders who have built companies from scratch to NASDAQ-listed. DevRev is solving a difficult AI and design problem, and the early employees are committed to the marathon of company-building and hard problem-solving.
DevOps Engineers usually work closely with Software Engineers to help them deploy and operate different systems. In addition, they help to automate and streamline the company's operations and processes.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. As our new DevOps Engineer, you will be in charge of the specification and documentation of the new project features. In addition, you will be developing new features and writing scripts for automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash.
- Improve CI/CD tooling.
- Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Define monitoring/alerting requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required
- Provide troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Platform Services Operations; recommend solutions and, oversee implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
- Hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Load balancing clusters, server load balancing, firewalls.
- Solid understanding of one or more Cloud Systems such as AWS or GCP.
- Good experience with Configuration Management experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar is preferred.
- Good experience with Linux systems and background.
- Good Ability to present and communicate the architecture in a visual form.
- Good experience managing production infrastructure with Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar.
- Good Experience with build management and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Strong team player with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Knowledge of containers and Container Orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
The foundation of DevRev is its culture -- our commitment to those who are hungry, humble, honest, and who act with heart. Our vision is to help build the earth’s most customer-centric companies. Our mission is to leverage design, data engineering, and machine intelligence to empower engineers to embrace their customers. That is DevRev!