We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Account Management team working on a CPG brand and healthcare brand here at Deutsch.
In a nutshell: The day-to-day go-to who owns projects from start to finish. Has an eagle eye for details, confidently problem solves, and is a solid partner to internal and external teams.
How it’s different from AAE: Strong day-to-day client relationships and understanding of the client’s business. Awareness of the bigger picture and ability to suss out what’s important. Is always thinking ahead and has a vision of one or two months out.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Be a know-it-all on your client’s business. Know the industry, LOBs, products and client dynamics. Stay current on the latest news and developments. Summarize news articles for the team and share POVs to clients where appropriate. Use this knowledge to be a resource for the wider team.
- Keep all of the balls in the air. Lead all facets of multiple small-to-medium-complexity projects, simultaneously. Be the voice of the client internally as you collaborate with strategy, creative, production, project management, and media partners. Collect, synthesize and file all feedback, assets, and any necessary documents for each project.
- Realize what you’re juggling. All those balls in the air? They relate to one another. Understand their interdependencies - how things on seemingly unrelated projects may actually connect.
- The client’s go-to? You. Build and maintain a strong relationship with day-to-day clients. Establish a strong partnership and rapport. Push for one-on-one conversations to go beyond today’s hot items and start looking further ahead.
- Be relentlessly resourceful. Have a can-do attitude, even when you’re faced with the seemingly impossible. Problem solve, problem solve, problem solve. Be open to creative solutions. Bounce ideas off of others. Know who to tap into. Find ways to make it happen.
- Sweat the small stuff. Ensure status documents and timelines are kept up to date. Over communicate. Leave nothing to chance. Oversee estimates and billing. Scrub all work going out the door. Make sure it’s flawless.
- Face challenges with optimism. Keep internal teams feeling motivated. Show everyone respect and empathy. Remain sensitive without sugarcoating. Model behavior that you’d want to see junior account team members adopt.
- Consult your crystal ball. Always think a few steps ahead. Recognize patterns in projects. Use that knowledge to anticipate possible pitfalls and manage around them.
- Lead with curiosity and add to your toolkit. Revel in the fact that every project will teach you something new. Soak up exposure across departments/teams, deepening your understanding of their needs and how you can best support them. Understand the requirements of different mediums/deliverables, and how to bring those to life.
- Find your voice. Work with your AS to lead meetings both internally and with clients. Communicate with confidence. Know how to steer a conversation to the desired outcome.
- Help refine and develop client presentations. Guide the development of strategic and creative deliverables. Own development of some client presentations and POVs.
- Develop your management style – up and down. Understand that your director report’s success is your success. Manage up. Prove to more senior team members that you’re reliable. Keep your AS informed and involved. Proactively bring them ideas.
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Confident in managing the production and launch of multiple campaigns at one time
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Access Keynote
- Solid writing skills
- Proven experience in managing teams of people and in working cross functionally across an organization
- Candidate should have experience and be comfortable in being the contact for Agency and Clients alike on all projects that she/he is managing directly. It’s important that this person own the meetings, think proactively about client needs and can prove to be reliable when it comes to follow up and action needed to move things along smoothly.
- Must have the right positive attitude. We are lucky to work in a really fun business with diverse products and we have great clients who are smart marketers and fun people. They react best to Agency managers who show a passion for their business and for the projects that we are tasked with handling.
- Holds thorough understanding of print, OOH, and broadcast production (including demonstrated anticipation of what can go wrong) as well as digital production (banners, websites, mobile). CRM experience a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Account Management experience
WHAT WE’VE GOT (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We don’t work in silos. We thrive on collaboration, both internally and externally.
- We’re always looking to learn. From our peers, from the competitors, and from our clients, we’re always looking for what’s coming next.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.